02 Jun Items to avoid at your Weddings
Plastic, Chinese Lanterns, drink driving, and drunks 😉
We all enjoy a laugh and your Wedding is no different, it’s a Celebration that’s all about you and your families coming together. The list below is not exhaustive but we hope it will save you some stress.
- Chinese Lanterns :- They are devastating to wildlife, often with bamboo which lacerates intestines and set fire to property.
- Plastic Confetti :- wafer thin hearts, circles and stars on the tables look nice for about 10 minutes, after that people are walking them all around the venue, in the bedrooms, clothing and then the washing machine where everything is stained. If it’s not biodegradable AVOID IT.
- The Wildlife will ingest the sparkly polythene and starve to death
- The venue may impose a cleaning bill
- Beer above 5.1% often the cause of “avoidable issues ;-)”
- Arranging local taxis or Mini-bus to return your guests to their local accommodation can save a lot of stress and keep the party going a bit longer.
- Burgers or a cheese board mid evening usually reduce the impact of a few too many drinks.
- Canapés that require paper or cocktails sticks after your Service and before the Wedding Breakfast, your guests will not know where to place the waste and your staff are working harder than they need to.
- Let us know your best “Items to avoid” at Weddings. You can send suggestions via the contact us page.